There's a Light
Hi everybody.
How are you?
Yeah...same. Yesterday was a tough day.
I started all this wandering around every morning a long time ago to help myself deal with all of the darkness we've been subjected to. It really has made a difference. I am not sure I'd be functional right now without my daily walks.
Usually, the photos I take are pretty random. Just whatever I happen to notice that day. But sometimes when I head out, I pick a theme, like circles, or colors, or plants that look like fireworks...you get the idea.Today I picked light. Because I thought we could all maybe use some.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that.It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
-Leonard Cohen
Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.Here comes the sun, and I say,
it's all right.
A tiny thing, but every little thing helps.
I get made fun of a lot for saying that, but it's true. We can all do tiny little things, and there are a LOT of us. I mean, just scroll back up and remind yourself what Mrs. Roosevelt said!
Some links for today:
Some links for today:
A really good Wilco song about light here.
Ways to make a difference here.
Hang in there.
Onward.


















So glad you texted Mayor Kelly Burk a photo of that sticker!
ReplyDeleteThis is what I needed to see right now. Thanks!
ReplyDelete