I took a walk today, oh boy
How are you?
Long time, no blog.
After our big weekend of protesting and graduating and celebrating our anniversary and hosting impromptu porch gatherings, and all that great stuff, we got sick. First Kev, then me. It was a real bummer, because I had a bunch of plans, including accepting a proclamation from the mayor on behalf of the Tree Commission, which I had to get a sub for, and a trip to visit my family in Indiana, which I had to postpone for a couple of weeks. And I couldn't take my walks, which definitely affected my sense of well-being. Until this morning, I hadn't been outside since Tuesday!
But today I feel almost 100% better. I woke up and took a nice little walk around town that started in the rain and ended with the sun trying to come out and my first iced coffee in way too long. And tomorrow, I'm going to Delaware to visit Daph for a couple of days, which I am super excited about. In the week that I was stuck inside, more and more trees have been leafing out, and the dogwoods have really started showing off.
A few pictures from my walk this morning:
It's hard to take pictures while holding a giant umbrella, but I tried.We have a new gelato place!
Courthouse.
White dogwood flowers.
Pink dogwood flowers.
Little baby ginkgo leaves. Such an amazing color.
My favorite shop.
Fact.
Attempted sunshine.
Redbuds reflecting in a giant puddle.
Tulip in my little bulb garden.
Wise words from my neighbor, Greg.
One day there was quite a display through my window prisms that I normally would have missed.
I got my desk cleaned off.
And we busted out The Griddler and made delicious wrap sandwiches that we copied from our favorite Hyde Park takeout place.
Kev is awesome and went to the grocery store since he was the first one to feel better. The cooking was a team effort. Today, there will be soup.
I hope we can say the same for the country. This seems like a very appropriate calendar page for this week in my effin' birds calendar considering all the absolute dystopian events of the past few days.
























Comments
Post a Comment