Grouchy

Hi everybody.

How are you?

I am just sort of OK. A little overwhelmed and stressed. So, it's nice that it's almost cold outside this morning, and the sun is shining. 

I took a short walk around town. To be honest, I'm bored with walking around town. It's always all the same. No surprises. I was considering a theme for pictures today, but I couldn't even make that happen. My heart just wasn't in it. So, here's some random stuff I saw.

True!
Fungi.
Big puddle over by the junk yard.
Hey, birds. You missed!
Pie island.
Poppy.
The roses all have names.
This is a really great tree.
I can't tell you how much I wish I had a plant wall like this one on my patio.
We're actually going to see some music tonight. Maybe it will cheer me up.
Farmer's market. Strawberries are magic.
Empanadas aren't so bad either.
Yesterday, I spent most of the day in the kitchen. I made this delicious strawberry summer cake. Highly recommend. Strawberry season is way too short for all the good strawberry things, but if I only make one, this is probably my favorite. 

I also made a big batch of Romesco sauce, which we will use for several meals. Last night, we had it with some cod and grilled zucchini and eggplant. We'll probably put it on a flatbread with goat cheese tomorrow. I am thankful for Chef Jose Andres. 
Anyway, sorry I'm not in the greatest mood today. It's allowed, though. I will try to do things today that make me feel better. Step one: go outside. See you tomorrow.

Onward.

 



 

Comments

Popular Posts