How to Blog through it.
Hi everybody.
Work rabbit.
Delaware window cat.
On Friday morning, it wasn't a million degrees, so I walked to the market and brought back flowers and a baguette (and ignored that I also bought a toilet bowl brush) and pretended I was in Provence for a minute.
Pollinator.
Fine dining with my favorite kid.
Trains are awesome.
My grandma's aloe seems to be coming back 💖
Pollinator.
Big storm clouds rolling in last night at work.
I won!
Morning greeter.
Sunrise and Sugarloaf.
Mockingbird.
Wineberry on the trail.
Ghost pipe.
Calligrapher.
Catalpa.
OK. So, last night I had a dream that I befriended a chipping sparrow, and this morning at the park, there were chipping sparrows everywhere. They are usually pretty skittish, but on my way out, this one just sat still and looked at me and sang and let me take pictures.
How are you?
Everything is so so terrible that it's hard to think about writing much of a pep talk today. This post will be an exercise in finding some small good moments.
Some pictures from the last few days:
Work.Work rabbit.
Delaware window cat.
On Friday morning, it wasn't a million degrees, so I walked to the market and brought back flowers and a baguette (and ignored that I also bought a toilet bowl brush) and pretended I was in Provence for a minute.
Pollinator.
Fine dining with my favorite kid.
Trains are awesome.
My grandma's aloe seems to be coming back 💖
Pollinator.
Big storm clouds rolling in last night at work.
I won!
Morning greeter.
Sunrise and Sugarloaf.
Mockingbird.
Wineberry on the trail.
Ghost pipe.
Calligrapher.
Catalpa.
OK. So, last night I had a dream that I befriended a chipping sparrow, and this morning at the park, there were chipping sparrows everywhere. They are usually pretty skittish, but on my way out, this one just sat still and looked at me and sang and let me take pictures.
It was really weird.
Here's a quick video of my little friend. They are super cute and tiny, and sound like little sewing machines.
I just now looked up chipping sparrows online, and in Native American cultures, they represent harmony and balance and are believed to bring peace and contentment to those who encounter them.
OK THEN!
Thank you, little chippie.
I will revise my original statement above from EVERYTHING is terrible to LOTS OF THINGS are terrible, but SOME THINGS are actually pretty great.
I'm going to go make salsa with my garden poblano peppers now.
Please. Call. Your. Senators. Thanks.
Onward.





























Comments
Post a Comment