Oh, so many mushrooms!
Hi everybody.
And here are a few things that aren't mushrooms:
Squirrel.
Two great crested flycatchers.
My favorite little beech tree.
Clouds.
Two calligrapher flies on a chicory flower.
Some sort of millipede.
The sun!
Indian blanket flower.
And a rock that says "tacos." You never know what you'll see when you pay attention, I guess.
More road trip pics tomorrow.
A couple of screenshots from the Super 8 films. My mom in a fabulous dress, and me. My mom was probably only about 21 in this picture! Only two years older than Daph is now, and taking care of a whole family!
How are you?
I went to the park today expecting mushrooms after all this rain, and I was not disappointed. So many mushrooms. So, I walked in the woods, and caught up with my friend, and took fungi photos. Here are a few:
And here are a few things that aren't mushrooms:
Two great crested flycatchers.
My favorite little beech tree.
Clouds.
Two calligrapher flies on a chicory flower.
Some sort of millipede.
The sun!
Indian blanket flower.
And a rock that says "tacos." You never know what you'll see when you pay attention, I guess.
Here are some things I saw when I was paying attention recently in Delaware and New York:
More road trip pics tomorrow.
And my great grandparents, Harry and Ina Sands. My Grandpa Sands was born in 1898! He used to have a slide in his back yard, but it was made of metal and it would get really hot, so he would give me a towel to sit on, and he would catch me at the bottom. In my memory, their back yard had a sidewalk, or maybe stepping stones, that sort of meandered around a beautiful garden, until you finally got to the slide, but I doubt if that memory is totally accurate. I was probably only about 4 or 5 years old, so it's hard to know. I bet it was actually like one rose bush and some overgrown weeds or something.
Grandma Sands always had butter mints, and a cabinet with a few children's books. I remember reading the Poky Little Puppy over and over. It actually might have been the only children's book she had. I don't think we were allowed to sit on the furniture. I only remember sitting on the floor when I was inside the house. Sitting on the floor reading the Poky Little Puppy and eating butter mints. Oh! And drinking Kool-ade out of colorful aluminum cups! Good times. It hurts my teeth just thinking about it.Rufus has fallen asleep in his sunny spot and is twitching all around, dreaming about something. Probably squirrels. I should go do something productive.
I hope you're doing OK. Do you have a plan for No Kings Day this Saturday? There are lots of events planned, and lots of resources on line for ways to prepare in case you are attacked by Trump vigilantes, local police, the National Guard, or our own military. They are trying really hard to intimidate and silence any resistance. We cannot let them. Hang in there, you guys.
Onward.





















































Comments
Post a Comment