Wednesday wander.
Hi everybody.
I kept walking for a few minutes. Surprised to see my sticky note from last week is still where I left it.
Interesting swoopy clouds keeping it cool outside.
In the window of the pie shop.
Never noticed this before.
Last night at work, my boss foraged some amazing hen of the woods mushrooms.
I took a short walk around the visitor center. I heard two barred owls having a conversation across the meadow. I also saw a hummingbird and this calligrapher fly.
And this prairie warbler!
They are super cute and have a sort of eerie sounding song. I've never seen one up this close before.
The hummingbird was here in our rain garden but was too fast for photos. And I am still afraid to get in any grass, so I couldn't get closer.
Bull Run Mountain in the distance.
And another nice sunset.
Inside the visitor center, we had another monarch caterpillar ready to pupate, so I went on the internet to learn how to use the GoPro and waited patiently with my popcorn until the magic started.
Hopefully, the video will turn out.
How are you?
I'm OK. Still itchy. I have the day off from work, but I have been busy this morning with Tree Commission duties. I did work in a short walk to the gallery to see if there was anything new.
There was! Hahaha!Interesting swoopy clouds keeping it cool outside.
In the window of the pie shop.
Never noticed this before.
I took a short walk around the visitor center. I heard two barred owls having a conversation across the meadow. I also saw a hummingbird and this calligrapher fly.
And this prairie warbler!
They are super cute and have a sort of eerie sounding song. I've never seen one up this close before.
The hummingbird was here in our rain garden but was too fast for photos. And I am still afraid to get in any grass, so I couldn't get closer.
Bull Run Mountain in the distance.
And another nice sunset.
Hopefully, the video will turn out.
Please take a minute to call the Department of Health and Human Services if you think it's a bad idea to cancel funding for vaccine research. Because 😶. The members of the trump administration are really giving each other a run for their money to see who can cause the most unnecessary pain and suffering. Please use your voice.
Onward.




















Comments
Post a Comment