Good Trouble

Hi everybody.

How are you?

I am better today than I was yesterday, so that's something.

On my walk this morning, I took a little side trek to visit Congressman John Lewis, who passed five years ago today. I can't believe it's been that long. Today there will be rallies in his honor across the country. "Good Trouble Lives On" is the theme. I have to work, so I won't be able to attend, but I think I'll do a little postcard writing or something this morning.

A few pictures:

I found a little something to leave behind.
This mural is at the Douglass Community Center playground if you are local and want to stop by and pay your respects.


I left this rock downtown. Just a small act of resistance. We do what we can.
Two books and a few paragraphs from them about good trouble:


Wise words from a great human being.

Another storm rolled in across the meadow at work last night, and this time we actually got some much-needed rain at my house. 






 

This is what it sounded like on the back porch of the visitor center. Nice big lightning at about 20 seconds in.

This morning, everything was covered in raindrops.
I looked into this puddle and saw the reflection of the moon.
Then looked up and sure enough, there was the real thing.





Someone left a note in the art gallery.
And a beautiful goldfish painting.
It's still hot and humid but the sun is shining and there is good trouble to be made, so let's get going.

Onward.

Comments

Popular Posts