Blackout
Hi everybody.
Delicious Moroccan stew. Looking forward to leftovers.
OK everybody. Hang in there. Keep doing what you can. Every little bit helps.
How are you?
Quite a sky this morning.
If only there was justice.
In the book shop window.
Today is the economic blackout. I bought a cup of coffee at an independent local shop this morning, with cash. Most of my chores are errands are done, so I hope to spend the day doing things like reading and listening to music and maybe even knitting. There will be at least one nap. I'm really tired.
A few things I saw on my walk around town:
If only there was justice.
In the book shop window.
Today is the economic blackout. I bought a cup of coffee at an independent local shop this morning, with cash. Most of my chores are errands are done, so I hope to spend the day doing things like reading and listening to music and maybe even knitting. There will be at least one nap. I'm really tired.
Last night's Star Trek episode was pretty upsetting. It was about a planet called Sharon (shuh-RON) where there were these people who were half black and half white. Not like mixed race, but like literally half and half, like a New York black and white cookie. A line right down the center of their faces. And on this planet, the people who were black on the right side enslaved and oppressed the people who were white on the right side, hate-inspired violence ensued, and everyone on the planet died. They all just killed each other because they couldn't get past it. Like there was no happy resolution in this episode. At the end, the crew just shook their heads in dismay at the pointlessness of it all, and then steered the ship away. Warp factor two.
There's an article from 2017 that is making the rounds at the moment. The title of the article is "I don't know how to explain to you that you should care about other people." I'm not going to elaborate here, but it's worth looking up (via a search engine that isn't Google, if possible).
OK everybody. Hang in there. Keep doing what you can. Every little bit helps.
Onward.



















Comments
Post a Comment