Mirror Mirror

Hi everybody.

How are you?

It's class day for me, and I usually have to skip my walk. But today, our class is meeting virtually because we're going to get some kind of weather this afternoon. I'm bummed, because it's ornithology day, and we have to miss our bird walk. I guess the good thing is that I get to attend class in my housepants and slippers. I'll have to work in a bird walk sometime next week.

I had to make it quick this morning, so I just did a short walk around town. I really wanted to be in the trees today, but it will have to be good enough. Better than no walk at all.

This is the best I could get tree-wise. 

Today's walk ended up being more about reflection.
I went to the courthouse lawn and spent a few minutes at the war memorials. I was thinking about my great uncle Joe, who was killed in action in WW2 by people with the very same kinds of beliefs that are taking over our country now. I was thinking about my uncle, his nephew, who called my mom gloating about Trump's win, and just the unbelievable-ness of it all. How anyone could look at what's happening and cheer is beyond comprehension. And yet, here we are. We have to try to understand it if we're going to do anything about it.


This sign is up on a business downtown. It's my great uncle's name. I have no idea why it's there, but I like to see it. I wish I had gotten to meet him. He looked like such a nice kid in the few photos we have. 
This town has a lot of interesting history. The kind we should learn from. 















Sigh.
We're at a crossroads now. Time to do some deep reflection. If you ever wondered what you would have done during past historical peril, you're doing it now.

Time for me to log on to my bird class. Here is a window cat. Go do something that brings you joy. And then get back to work.

Onward.
 

Comments

Popular Posts